So theres only 2 more days left untill I finish school for this year. Two more days untill the summer holidays start, and the time that every child, teenager and adult has been waiting and working for the whole year finally arrives. And seeing as my blog is kind of a fail and i've been abandoning it for ages.. i think its the perfect time for a new entry. Because this is the time of year, when your teachers give those lengthy, trying-to-be-inspirational speeches, about how we should reflect on our year and look at how we've changed. And most kids are half asleep after listening to those speeches. They laugh and snicker and daydream whilst staring at the invisible objects in the cracks of the floor, but I think I must be one of the few people who actually take the teachers' cheesy words of wisdom on board. But i've always been quite sentimental like that... I have strange little habits, like lying in my bed the night before my birthday every year and thinking about all the significant things that happened when i was that age, e.t.c So naturally when this time had come around... I reflected on my year. And i realised.. that this year i actually have changed. A lot. Some good changes, some bad changes.
The first thing I realised was a change in my nature. I'm usually a very happy-go-lucky person. Usually, nothing gets to me, and I was all about just having fun and silly-ness, with serious-ness being the last thing on my mind. I liked my life that way. Things were fun, and life was easy. And when I was reflecting on my year, I noticed that latley I havn't been quite my happy-go-lucky self. I've been down a lot more, and I've been letting things get to me. All it took was a few events in my life that didnt quite go to plan.. and i was down in the dumps. But the thing is, I've been bringing other people down with me, unintentionally of course. But by me not having fun or being happy, the people around me dont get much of a chance to have fun and be happy too. Although through this slight change of nature and the events which caused it... I also changed for the better. This year was the biggest learning experience I think I've had in my life so far. I learned things about school, I learned things about my friendships and relationships with people, and I learnt things about myself, and what I am capable of. I realised how important your own happiness is, and how to control it. So from now on, I'm having a fresh start... like the ones in the movies. :)
I'm going to take all the positive things I learnt this year, and build on them. I'm going to take all the negative things that happened this year, and use them to my own advantage. Im going to realise that as much as I wanted to, I can't change things that have happened, and things that have happened are now in the past. Im going to leave them all behind as I move on to a better disposition. I'm going to take little steps back to becoming the fun, carefree person I was, (and I know on the inside I still am), but I'm also going to become the inspirational, organised person i've always wanted to be. Who knows, mabey i'll even dye my hair ;D. And I'm going to use these last few weeks of the year leading up to Christmas and NYE to practise.. so i'm ready for next year. :) And I'm starting right here with this blog. Previously, my sad little attempt at a blog has been nothing but me venting about my problems and how i'm tyring to deal with them. Basically dwelling on negative things.. even if in a non-direct way. So instead, my blog will be a way of sharing good things, not bad or boring. I'll share things that made me smile, or things i've learnt.. not things that are driving me up the wall.
So there you have it. Like my principal... I give you my lengthy.. trying-to-be-inspirational speech about the year. And if you fell asleep in its duration.. you may now wake up. >:D
you are amazing and you inspire me <3
ReplyDelete