So today I was bored and decided to check my long neglected Formspring page. When I logged on, of course the questions that were asked were pointless or stupid or spam, and often all of the above. But there was one spam question that actually got me thinking. It was from a kid that I never talk to, and had obviously just passed on this random question to any page he could find in order to apparently escape 'the devil', as this is what was posted:
"If you are on God's side then send this to 10 people. If you're on the Devil's side then don't send. God will fix 2 things for you"
So despite the person having extreme literacy issues as i pretty much had to translate this into English so it was able to be understood... my first reaction to this spam was 'yea cool story alec...' but then I began to wonder why something so obviously stupid as this spam, was seen as believable by so many people. Because as I checked my home page, i saw the same question popping up and being resent by various others. I then realised that obviously, there were a lot of people that had something they wanted God to fix.
Now i'm not questioning or doubting the existence of a god, because I personally believe that there is defininately something funky happening up there that is beyond human control. What (or would you say who? O_O) that is i don't know, but what im curious about is why do people automatically assume that it has the power to erase all of their problems? I'm sure if God wanted to just fix everyones' problems as soon as they asked just like it was the simplest thing in the world, he (it?) would have done so a long time ago.
And you know what else is confusing, If this god did want to fix people's problems.. then why doesn't he? There's all types of terrible things happening on earth... so if God is meant to be fixing problems then hes doing a pretty shit job. Maybe the conclusion we're supposed to draw from this is that "God doesn't fix our problems for us because he wants us to learn how to fix them ourselves and grow from it..." or some meaningful shizz like that, but what about the people who honestly need help, and can't quite make it on their own. People that resort to things like drugs, people who's families and lives get screwed up, or people who in the end can't take life at all, those people really could do with some fixing, yet God just decides to sit and watch.
I for one know that if god was going to fix what i would like fixing in my life, he would have done it a long time ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment